Dhodar Ali is a famous road built during
the Ahom kingdom. This road was built by King Gadadhar Singha (1681-1696)
in 1687. This road is connecting south-eastern Kamargaon of Golaghat
through Golaghat town and touching Kamarbandha and Titabar-Mariani
to Joypur near Namrup. This road
is about 185 kms (115miles) long. The pupils who pretended to be
sluggards to escape the responsibilities declared by the King were forced to build
this road and hence the road was later known as ‘Dhodar Ali’.